Kalyn's Favorite Top Ten Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes (and some honorable mentions!)

Here's the 2014 updated updated list of my favorite healthy carb-conscious Thanksgiving recipes, plus honorable mentions!

Kalyn's Favorite Top Ten Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes (and some honorable mentions!) found on KalynsKitchen.com

Thanksgiving is four days away, and here's my list of favorite top ten healthy Thanksgiving recipes to help you narrow down your menu.  Thanksgiving is absolutely my favorite holiday; I love both the idea of giving thanks for our lives of abundance and also the wonderful food that's enjoyed on that day.  This year will be the second time I've hosted Thanksgiving at my new house, where I have 24 family members coming for dinner and a few more coming later that night for turkey sandwiches and pie.  Everyone in my family helps bring food, but I'll be making two turkeys, Stuffing Muffins, Sweet Potato Gratin, Brussels Sprouts Salad, Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie, and probably a couple of other things I can't resist adding to the menu!

And it's hard to believe it's been so long, but this year makes ten Novembers now that I've been sharing healthy Thanksgiving ideas and adding them to my list of Carb-Conscious Thanksgiving Recipes.  That's a lot of Thanksgiving recipes through the years, so I'm including some honorable mentions to my top ten list of favorites you see in these photos.

(And although all these recipe are more carb-conscious than traditional Thanksgiving fare, they're not all  low-carb or gluten-free recipes, so if that's what you're looking for I've also done a round-up of my favorite 25+ Low-Carb and Gluten-Free Holiday Side Dishes, Appetizers, and Salads.  Hope that's helpful!)

Click to continue reading