Low-Sugar (or Sugar-Free) Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake

Make Sugar-Free Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake with your favorite sweetener, or add a little sugar and make a Low-Sugar Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake; your choice!

Low-Sugar (or Sugar-Free) Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake found on KalynsKitchen.com

(Updated with better photos and step-by-step instructions, November 2014.) If I had to pick one recipe that symbolizes Carb-Conscious Thanksgiving Recipes for me it would be this Low-Sugar (or Sugar-Free) Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake that I first made for Thanksgiving 2006. This pumpkin cheesecake is a perfect Thanksgiving dessert for anyone who's watching their sugar intake.  I do have to be honest and say that the cheesecake with a small amount of regular sugar has the best flavor, but even the sugar-free version is really good!

I originally posted this as two separate recipes, but when I decided to make the cheesecake in a Springform Pan and re-shoot the photos I decided to combine the posts and let you make the choice of which version you'd like. You can make this delicious cheesecake with all sweetener, or add a small amount of sugar for a low-sugar version.

Click to continue reading