Easy Strawberries Romanoff (Gluten-Free)

Strawberries Romanoff are one of my best memories of working at Le Parisien in Salt Lake City, and this easy summer dessert has been a hit with everyone I've made it for!

Easy Strawberries Romanoff found on KalynsKitchen.com

(For Friday Flashbacks I feature recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and this recipe for Easy Strawberries Romanoff is something I've been making for summer parties ever since I worked at Le Parisien Restaurant in college.  I have some happy food memories of that place, and their signature salad dressing is something I still buy at Costco and use all the time.)

When I keep noticing ripe juicy strawberries every time I go to the market, I start thinking about Strawberries Romanoff, a dessert that I learned to make in college, when I worked at a French restaurant in Salt Lake called Le Parisien. The restaurant closed in 2001, but I have great memories of the place, and Strawberries Romanoff was one of their signature desserts.

The restaurant served the strawberries with small bowls of sour cream and brown sugar for dipping, but through the years I developed a preference for whisking the brown sugar and sour cream together and mixing it with the cut strawberries. Now that I'm not eating much sugar, I make this with a mixture of Stevia In the Raw Granulated Sweetener and brown sugar. Of course you can also use regular brown sugar or another type of sweetener of your choice. Make this soon, while you can still get those ripe juicy strawberries that taste so good this time of year.

Click to continue reading