Low-Carb Breakfast Casserole with Asparagus, Mushrooms, and Goat Cheese (Gluten-Free)

This delicious Low-Carb Breakfast Casserole Recipe with Asparagus, Mushrooms, and Goat Cheese would be perfect for a weekend brunch or breakfast for guests.

Low-Carb and Gluten-Free Breakfast Casserole with Asparagus, Mushrooms, and Goat Cheese (found on KalynsKitchen.com)

Today begins a big food week for a lot of people, with Mexican food on the menu in a couple of days and then Mother's Day food coming right after that. And in my family my niece Kristen's adorable baby Wyatt is getting christened today, so there's another occasion to celebrate with food.  Of course I think all my many great-nieces and great-nephews are the cutest kids in the world, but can I just say that Wyatt has absolutely the longest and thickest hair I've ever seen on a newborn, which makes him extra cute.

A few years ago I shared 20 Favorite Healthy Recipes for Mother's Day Brunch, but this Low-Carb Breakfast Casserole with Asparagus, Mushrooms, and Goat Cheese is another brunch idea that I think would be perfect for Mother's Day, or any time you have guests and want to make a breakfast that's a little bit special.

But what if your mom doesn't like goat cheese? I don't ever remember my own mother eating it, although the generous amount of asparagus in this recipe would have made her smile.  For sure the soft goat cheese I'm using here isn't everyone's cup of tea, and if you think some of your guests might not have gained an appreciation for it, I'd use Feta cheese  or even grated Mozzarella to make this. 

Click to continue reading