Roasted Eggplant Slices with Mediterranean Salsa (Low-Carb, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Meatless)

Roasted Eggplant with Mediterranean Salsa is easy and delicious (and all I am saying is give eggplant a chance!)

Roasted Eggplant Slices with Mediterranean Salsa (Low-Carb, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Meatless) found on KalynsKitchen.com

By the time you read this I will have arrived in Istanbul, and maybe even eaten some of the amazing Turkish Eggplant dishes that make up part of the food experience of Turkey.  So I thought it would be fun to share an eggplant recipe here as well! 

I know eggplant can be a hard sell with some people, but back in the early days of this blog I fell in love with grilled eggplant, and I've been an eggplant fan ever since.  Lately I have been loving roasted eggplant, and this Meatless Monday recipe for Roasted Eggplant Slices with Mediterranean Salsa couldn't be easier or more delicious.  Just choose a firm eggplant that's fairly straight on the sides, cut into thick slices, brush with olive oil and season, and roast in the oven while you make the delicious Mediterranean salsa.

If I can't convince you to give eggplant a chance, the Mediterranean Salsa used here would also be delicious over roasted zucchini or barely sauteed zucchini noodles as well. 

Click to continue reading