Recipe for Wild Salmon Roasted in Olive Oil and Herbs with Tomatillo, Black Bean, Avocado Salsa

Wild Salmon Roasted in Olive OilThis fantastic method for roasting salmon in a sizzling hot pan came from cookbook writer and New York Times food columnist Mark Bittman. Bittman cooks the way I like to, with the emphasis on good ingredients but simple preparation methods, and I've had pretty consistent success with his recipes. This recipe called for the salmon to be roasted in butter, but when I read farther and saw that Bittman said you could use olive oil, I knew I wanted to try it. He recommended fresh chervil, parsley, or dill for the herb, but said that basil or thyme could also work. I used a blend of dry herbs called Claudia's Fantastic Fish Blend, which I got as a present from Christine. Obviously you can use lots of different herbs in this recipe, so use whatever appeals to you.

Click to continue reading