Meal Plan 56 - Mixin' It Up with Tex Mex






Grocery List:
The grocery list is color coordinated by meal so you can easily pick and choose which meals you would like to make. Either print and use the grocery list as is and make all the meals I have planned, or easily cross off the meals and corresponding ingredients you would rather not make.


Hey there meal planners!  It's been awhile since I've posted a new meal plan for you.  I wanted to share a meal plan with newly posted recipes and once I wrote them all down I realized it had a bit of a tex mex theme.  Must be what I've been craving lately ;)  In any case, I've also been smart and transformed leftovers this week.  This not only makes it cheaper, but also easier since last night's dinner gives you a head start on tonight's.

As always, I've only planned 5 nights of meals.  I do this so there's leeway for a night of eating out or at a friends place.  It also allows you to look at the ingredients leftover over and make dinner out of what you have left.  That's totally become my favorite night...I love being creative in the kitchen.  I got a great question on my facebook page recently about "throwing a meal together".  The easiest place to experiment with doing this (I think) is soup.  You can pretty much throw any veggies or leftover meat in a pot with some beef or chicken broth, and/or a can of tomatoes and let it simmer into a delicious dinner.  Add pasta, beans, lentils, or rice and some spices.  Super easy!  Just try to stick with flavors that you know "go together" and all will be well.

Happy eating this week!


Day 1: Slow Cooker Pulled Beef Tacos with Green Onion Slaw
Ahhh these are so good!  I'm totally craving them.  Don't skip the slaw or pickled jalapenos, they compliment the rich slow cooked beef perfectly.



No picture for this recipe.  It was something I whipped up with my leftover pulled beef.  Serve with a nice salad with your favorite dressing or a homemade creamy lime cilantro dressing.


Day 3: Kin's Kickass Chili with Cornbread Muffins
Cater this one to what you have time for: make and let simmer an hour before supper, so assemble and throw in the crock pot to simmer all day.



Day 4: Chili Cheese Mac with Broccoli
Use up the leftover chili and make a cheese macaroni chili.  The kids will love it.



This is just as the title suggests; EASY!  Just toss everything into your roasting pan and let the hot oven do the work.


Just for fun, why not make an easy dessert or treat this week?  I LOVE this combination of flavors.


For more meal plan ideas, check out my complete list of meal plans or check out Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.