Spicy Vegetarian Butternut Squash Soup Recipe with Black Beans, Red Bell Pepper, and Cilantro

Spicy Butternut Squash Soup with Black Beans, Red Bell Pepper, and Cilantro
Spicy Butternut Squash Soup with Black Beans, Red Bell Pepper, and Cilantro is a great meatless meal.

I'm a well-documented fan of butternut squash, so you might be surprised to hear this is only the second time I've made a soup using my favorite winter squash.   I love savory squash dishes, but I don't really understand the appeal of those sweet butternut squash soups that many people like.  No surprise then that this Butternut Squash Soup with Black Beans, Red Bell Pepper, and Cilantro is savory and slightly spicy from the Green Tabasco Sauce that's stirred in at the end.  I ate my soup with a generous dollop of low-fat sour cream, but if you skip the sour cream this meatless soup is vegan.

Click to continue reading