Slow Cooker Frittata Recipe with Broccoli, Swiss, Cottage Cheese, and Parmesan

Slow Cooker Frittata with Broccoli, Swiss, Cottage Cheese, and Parmesan
A healthy frittata made in the slow cooker featuring broccoli, Swiss, Cottage Cheese, and Parmesan.

This is the third time I've experimenting with cooking eggs in the slow cooker and this Slow Cooker Frittata with Broccoli, Swiss, Cottage Cheese, and Parmesan was creamy and delicious, although it did take me three tries to get a combination with broccoli that I thought was enough of a *wow* recipe to share it on the blog.  I did like one version with broccoli and mushrooms that tasted quite good, but the mushrooms turned the eggs kind of gray after the long cooking time, and in the end I decided it wasn't a keeper.  What made this particular recipe appeal to me was how the strong flavor of the Swiss cheese balanced out the broccoli, and the low-fat cottage cheese added a nice creaminess.  Have you tried a slow cooker egg dish yet?  I recommend it for an easy breakfast option, and there are more ideas below after the main recipe.

Click to continue reading