Things I'm Thinking About (12-3-2013)

This Chopped Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Shallot Dressing from Pinch of Yum has my mind spinning!  (Photo from Pinch of Yum.)

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you might remember back when I used to do Five Fun Things on Friday.  Every Friday I wrote those posts about things I'd spotted on the web and sometimes a little about what was happening in my life.  I enjoyed sharing things that way, but eventually it got to be a burden to do it every Friday and I switched to Phase One Fridays, which I'm really committed to now because of how it perfectly fits the overall purpose of the site.

But lately I've been missing the opportunity to share things just for the fun of it.  After thinking about it for a few weeks, I've decided to do Things I'm Thinking About posts occasionally, probably not every week, and not always on the same day of the week, but when I find enough worthwhile things for a post I'll share them.  Of course, I'm always thinking about food, so let's start this first one out with the amazing-looking Chopped Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Shallot Dressing shown above from Pinch of Yum.  The salad has a few ingredients that aren't especially SBD friendly. (Like bacon!  Did I mention there's bacon?) There's also a lot of juice in the dressing that would make it high in sugar, but I think it would be fun to try coming up with a diet-friendly version of this salad.

Click to continue reading