Vegan Tomato Salad with Cucumber, Avocado, Cilantro, and Lime (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo)

This Vegan Tomato Salad with tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, and cilantro is one of my favorites!

Vegan Tomato Salad with Cucumber, Avocado, Cilantro, and Lime found on Kalynskitchen.com

(Updated with step-by-step instructions and better photos, July 2014.)  This simple but perfect Vegan Tomato Salad with Cucumber, Avocado, Cilantro, and Lime is a favorite summer combination I came up with on a hot summer day in 2008, and when my former neighbor Carol stopped by I shared some with her.  Carol loved this combination just as much as I did, and even though it's a spin-off from my Summer Tomato Salad with Tuna, Avocado, Cilantro, and Lime, I decided that vegetarians were never going to look at that salad so this one deserved a post of its own.

The recipe calls for a lot of cilantro, which is no doubt one of the reasons I'm so enamored with the salad, but if cilantro is not your thing I think thinly sliced green onion would also be great.  And if you're lucky enough to have fresh garden tomatoes and cucumbers at this time of year, this salad is a perfect way to use them!

Click to continue reading