EASY CROCKPOT PICNIC BEANS

We provide Easy cooking recipes. How is cooking recipes which easy to do by everyone. Many people very interest to choose easy cooking recipes, it caused by the steps, the instructions, and the manner for cooking which easy to do be everyone. Easy cooking recipes is suitable to use for person which is learning for cooking. By use easy cooking recipes, we can make a cooking experiment such as make a bread, cookies, pastries and other easy cooking recipes.

So, if you want to make your food in your home without difficulties, you can follow the easy cooking recipes instruction wich can you do in you home. Not only easy recipes but also this  healthy cooking recipes, and can also be used as home cooking recipes too. There are some of food recipes such as ..

I've been making these beans for my family for 30+ years and they are always a hit. Now that we are empty nesters, I make a big pot of these and then freeze them in 2 cup containers for a quick and yummy addition to any meal. 



I put the following ingredients (which are always in my pantry) into the crockpot before I go to bed and let them cook on LOW all night.



2 cups DRY navy beans (do not soak)
6 cups water
1/2 cup dark brown sugar  (light brown sugar works well too)
3 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
3/4 cup sweet onion chopped small *see note below
(1) 8 ounce can tomato sauce
6 slices crisp cooked bacon

Now, a word about the beans:  Over the years, I've tried every kind of DRY bean there is and they ALL work, however, the tiny little "navy beans" work the best and tolerate re-heating without going mushy. I highly recommend that you use navy beans.

Saute onions and fry bacon until almost crisp then drain well. Put everything into a large crockpot and cover with 6 cups of water. Stir well and set on low for 12 hours. 

At the end of 12 hours, if it seems like there is too much liquid in the beans, you can prop a spoon under one side of the crockpot lid and let the sauce cook down for a couple hours. I seldom have to do this, but it HAS happened with certain types of beans.

Note about onions: When I decide to make these beans and I'm out of fresh onions, I use a scant tablespoon of dehydrated onion flakes, they work well.