My Head & Heart Hurt

I'll make this short because my patience and my energy have been ground very thin.

My father-in-law died on Good Friday. He was a good man and I can't even begin to describe how much he will be missed. We canceled our Easter plans and flew out to Vancouver. This trip has done nothing short of turn my brain into mush from all the funeral planning, estate settling, and nasty cold and flu Eva and I both got. She has been incredibly whiny and sometimes unbearable when our emotions have been especially fragile. After all the "business" we've had to take care of in the last week, our family finally got to enjoy some down time at Stanley Park. We had 3 blissful hours where we could laugh, smile and have our shoulders feel light again....only to return to our rental vehicle having been broken into and my husband's back pack stolen which held his laptop, bible that I gave him for Christmas, the girls birth certificates and a bunch of other stuff. On top of the huge load of things that need to be taken care of before we fly back on Wednesday, we will also be making a trip to the police department, dealing with car insurance and the rental company.

Vancouver is kicking my ass.