Recipe for Cilantro-Lovers Perfect Guacamole with Red Onion, Lime, and Chiles

Perfect GuacamoleI remember the first time I tasted guacamole, on the menu as "Guacamole Salad" at a now-long-gone restaurant in downtown Salt Lake City named Tampico's. It was creamy, slightly spicy, and had just a touch of lime, and I thought it was one of the most heavenly things I'd ever tasted. For years I made guacamole for parties with just avocado, lime, and a bit of chili powder, and it was always a hit. Then around ten years ago I started adding some very finely chopped cilantro and red onion to my guacamole recipe. Nowdays I have a definite fondness for guacamole with exactly the ingredients in this recipe, although truthfully I'd probably eat guacamole just about any way you wanted to make it. I'm guessing there are other people with specific guacamole preferences, so if you want to weigh in on it, please leave a comment telling us just what you think the essential ingredients are for perfect guacamole.

Click to continue reading