Recipe for Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad with Parsley and Mint (Gluten-Free, Vegan)

Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad with Parsley and Mint
Gluten-Free Tabbouleh with Quinoa replacing the wheat!

As soon as I discovered that I really do like quinoa, I started seeing interesting-looking quinoa recipes everywhere. I spotted this recipe for a quinoa-based variation of the Middle Eastern salad called tabbouleh (tuh-boo-lee), and since I love the simple Tabbouleh with Almonds that I make every summer when my garden has mint and parsley, I knew I'd enjoy this recipe. Authentic tabbouleh has more parsley and mint than grain, so this is more of a tabbouleh-like salad, but it was definitely very tasty. Normally I'm not a fan of tomatoes in tabbouleh, but they worked well in this recipe, and I was excited that I could use mint and parsley from the garden, even though the weather in Utah is still raining and I had to dash outside between cloudbursts to pick the herbs!

Click to continue reading