Recipe for Spicy Whole Wheat Sesame Noodles with Chicken, Green Onions, and Cilantro

Spicy Whole Wheat Sesame Noodles with Chicken, Green Onions, and Cilantro
Use leftover chicken and Spicy Whole Wheat Sesame Noodles can be ready in minutes.

Recently my brother Mark and his wife Lisa showed up at my house with a rotisserie chicken for dinner. Rotisserie chicken usually means leftover chicken, and I was very happy I had leftovers to inspire me to try this recipe, because I loved the savory and spicy combination of rice vinegar, soy sauce, fresh ginger, Thai chili garlic paste, and sesame oil in these noodles. The first time I made this I followed the recipe and used a whole pound of spaghetti, which made an enormous pot of noodles. My friend Margarethe and her daughter Martina stopped by and I shared the leftovers with them, but the next day when I ate my own share of noodle leftovers I decided most of the flavor was absorbed by the noodles, and it wasn't nearly as good leftover as it was freshly made. The next time I made it, I cut the original recipe in half, and that's the one I'm sharing here. This recipe has just a little grating of ginger root, mixing, and chopping to do while the noodles are cooking. It's easy enough to cook in about 20 minutes, and once you taste it, you'll want to make this whenever you have leftover chicken!

Click to continue reading