Recipe for White Bean Soup with Ham and Rosemary

We're still having those snowy spring days, so I recently made this soup again.

(This recipe from 2005 was updated with new photos and better instructions and added to Recipe Favorites in April 2011.)  No matter how much we long for warm weather, Utah always gets some cold snowy days in April (and sometimes even in May.)  When that happens I make soup,  wondering it if will be the last pot of soup before summer changes the menu to salads and grilled foods.  Last weekend when I woke up to snow on the ground I decided it was a good day to update this favorite soup recipe from 2005 (and see the original photo below if you want proof that it was due for an update!)  I don't even dare to say out loud that I hope this is the last snow for this spring, but the soup did taste great on a cold spring day.

Click to continue reading