Recipe for Foil-Wrapped Grilled Tilapia Packets with Pesto, Tomatoes, and Green Onions

Foil-Wrapped Grilled Tilapia Packets with Pesto, Tomatoes, and Green Onions
Tilapia pieces, seasoned with fish rub, spread with pesto, and grilled in foil with tomatoes and green onions.

I love to cook fish on the grill, but for delicate-textured fish like Tilapia, putting it directly on the grill grates is asking for trouble.  For thin pieces or delicate types of fish, cooking the fish in foil on top of the grill is an easy way to get amazing results.  In this recipe I seasoned the Tilapia pieces with my favorite Szeged Fish Rub and spread the fish with a thin layer of Basil Pesto with Lemon, then I wrapped it in foil with grape tomato halves and sliced green onions and let the foil packets cook on the grill.  We served it over rice to soak up all the delicious juice.  I made this on a day when both Jake and my brother Rand were sampling the recipe experiments, and both gave this an enthusiastic two thumbs up!

Click to continue reading