Recipe for Green Goddess Tomato-Mozzarella Stacks (with Green Zebras and Fresh Mozzarella)

Green Zebra Tomato and Mozzarella Stacks
Simple stacks of green zebra tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and Green Goddess dressing!

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.  Right now Green Zebra tomatoes are abundant at my house, and I love these little stacks of fresh tomato goodness.  Of course you can use any type of tomatoes if you don't have Green Zebras.)

Now that I've finally made Green Goddess Salad Dressing, I've been thinking about creative ways to use this dressing other than just drizzling it on a green salad (although salads with this dressing are spectacular!) Right now the garden is giving me lots of Green Zebra tomatoes, and I created this dish by imagining how the slightly-citrusy flavor of the Green Zebras would work with the complex flavors in the Green Goddess dressing. And wow! I loved this take on Caprese Salad with Green Zebra tomatoes, slices of fresh mozzarella, and Green Goddess dressing drizzled over. Of course, there are endless variations on this theme, so feel free to use any tomatoes you'd like and experiment with other kinds of cheese to enjoy with your Green Goddess dressing.

Click to continue reading