Recipe for Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini with Brown Rice, Black Beans, Chiles, Cheddar, and Cotija Cheese

Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini with Brown Rice, Black Beans, Green Chiles, and Cheese
Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini with Brown Rice, Black Beans, Green Chiles, and Cheese for Meatless Monday!

My garden is still supplying me with zucchini at a pretty regular pace, so recently I decided a new version of stuffed zucchini should be on the menu.  I had some Cotija cheese that was left from a dish my brother Rand had made when he was visiting, so I guess that's what inspired me to go with a Mexican-themed version of stuffed zucchini this time.  If you're not familiar with it, Cotija is a type of hard, crumbly Mexican cheese.  It made a nice topping for these Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchinis with Brown Rice, Black Beans, Green Chiles, and Cheese, but if you don't have it you could use Parmesan, Feta, and or even a little more of the cheese blend that's used in the stuffing.

Click to continue reading