Thai Chicken AKA: The Best Chicken EVER


CSC_1522
I had this for the first time at my Aunt Mara’s house. I’ve gotten A LOT of my awesome recipes from her and her recipe collections. She suggested we make this chicken and said her family dies over it. When I read that it had peanut butter in it, I was EXTREMELY skeptical. I’m not really into savory dishes with peanut butter in them. Not at all. Well this chicken broke the mold. I LOVE THIS CHICKEN. That’s a fact. After I had it at my aunts, I made it 3 more times in the next 2 weeks. It’s THAT GOOD. Flavorful, moist and perfect. If you’re having people over for a summer BBQ, make this your main dish…people with beg at your feet for the recipe. If you’re having a lot of people over, definitely double the recipe. I actually double it every time because the chicken is perfect chopped up and cold on top of a salad.

1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless  chicken (either tenderloins or breasts cut in half)
1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
2 limes juiced and zested
3 cloves garlic
3 T soy sauce
3T brown sugar
1/4 cup cilantro, minced
1 T fresh ginger, minced or 1 t ground ginger
1 T sesame oil
skewers, soaked in water

Combine all ingredients besides chicken in a bowl and whisk together. Combine marinade and chicken and put in a ziploc bag. Marinate in fridge overnight or at least 2 hours. Place each chicken piece on a skewer and grill on a BBQ. Enjoy the best chicken you’ve ever had!!