Low-Sugar Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie Recipe for a Thanksgiving Dessert

Low-Sugar Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
I think this Low-Sugar Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie is officially my favorite Thanksgiving Dessert.

(Updated November 2012.  As we count down to turkey day, I'm going to highlight some of my favorite Thanksgiving recipesThis Low-Sugar Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie has been my favorite for several years now, and I'm making it again for this Thanksgiving.)

I never was a fan of pumpkin pie, and back in the days when I wasn't watching my sugar intake I'd always pick banana cream for my Thanksgiving pie. Then I started eating the South Beach Diet way, and discovered a recipe for Reduced Sugar Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake that I really liked, and I made that a few years for Thanksgiving. This year I got the urge to try something slightly different, and this pumpkin cheesecake pie is halfway between pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake. It has more pumpkin than the cheesecake, and the texture is a little closer to pumpkin pie, while still having that creamy mouth feel of cheesecake. How did I like it? I just gobbled up the piece you see in this photo for breakfast! I'm adding this recipe to our list of Thanksgiving Recipes, and I highly recommend it for a slightly different bake on Thanksgiving pie.

Click to continue reading