Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe with Moroccan Spices (and 10 More Tasty Ideas for Roasted Vegetables!)

Roasted Butternut Squash with Moroccan Spices
I'd eat this Roasted Butternut Squash with Moroccan Spices for a Meatless Monday option any time of year!

(Updated with better photos, November 2012.)  Although I'm still mostly focused on Thanksgiving Recipes around here, since it's Monday I want to share something that would make a wonderful Meatless Monday option any time of year when you don't mind using the oven.  I love all things butternut squash, but since I first made it in 2007, this Roasted Butternut Squash with Moroccan Spices is one of my very favorite ways to cook it.  If you have a toaster oven, that's a great way to cook a small batch, but it also reheats well, so go ahead and make a big batch.  And if you're trying to avoid those sugary sweet potatoes that often show up at Thanksgiving, I think this would make a wonderful holiday side dish as well.

Click to continue reading