Recipe for Broccoli Gratin with Swiss and Parmesan (plus 10 More Broccoli Recipes for Thanksgiving)

Recipe for Broccoli Gratin with Swiss and Parmesan (plus 10 More Broccoli Recipes for Thanksgiving) found on KalynsKitchen.com
(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.  This Broccoli Gratin with Swiss and Parmesan is one of the ways I regularly cook broccoli for a special occasion, and it's always a hit.)

It's November, so the focus is on Carb-Conscious Thanksgiving Recipes.  Today's recipe is adapted from one I saw in A Pinch of Salt Lake, a book published by the Junior League of Salt Lake. For years my family wanted Broccoli with Cheese Sauce for Thanksgiving. It's definitely tasty, but nowdays I rarely cook with canned soup and this Broccoli Gratin recipe is fresher-tasting and a bit lighter. This is still probably a "once in a while treat" for South Beach dieters, but for Thanksgiving dinner, it's a perfect vegetable option. 

Click to continue reading