Easy Brown Rice Casserole with Turkey Italian Sausage and Green Bell Pepper (Gluten-Free)

This casserole with brown rice, turkey Italian sausage, and green bell pepper is delicious for an easy dinner.

Easy Brown Rice Casserole with Turkey Italian Sausage and Green Bell Pepper found on KalynsKitchen.com

Sometimes I just pull leftovers out of the fridge and come up with something that turns out so well I decide to make the recipe again to take photos for the blog.  That's exactly what happened with this Easy Brown Rice Casserole with Turkey Italian Sausage and Green Pepper.  I had leftover brown rice in the fridge, and some turkey Italian sausage that I'd thawed out and never used.  In the vegetable crisper I had those 2/$1.00 green bell peppers that are so good this time of year.

I cooked those things together into a tasty casserole topped with some low-fat cheese and decided it was a keeper, so a few days later I made it again and took these photos.  As long as you have leftover brown rice to start out with, this is an easy recipe idea that can be adapted in infinite ways.  If you'd like to add other ingredients like sauteed mushrooms, red bell peppers, sauteed zucchini, sauteed sweet potato cubes, or even Parmesan cheese mixed into the rice, please have fun with it.

Click to continue reading