Lucky Black-Eyed Pea Soup Recipe with Chicken-Garlic Sausage and Bell Peppers

Black-Eyed Soup with Chicken-Garlic Sausage and Bell Peppers
A quick and tasty Black-Eyed Pea Soup for good luck on New Year's Day, and it's Phase One!

I need to give Meatless Monday fans a raincheck this week so I can share this Lucky Black-Eyed Pea Soup with Chicken Garlic Soup and Bell Peppers before New Year's Day.  I've been cooking black-eyed peas on New Year's Day for several years now, usually my favorite Hopping John Soup or Black-Eyed Pea Hummus, and I can promise you, it has definitely brought me good luck.  And if you use portion control, this new lucky soup is even good for Phase One (which I'm guessing some of you may have on your mind!)  If you're cooking black-eyed peas for New Year's Day, let us know in the comments how you're fixing them this year.

Click to continue reading