Spicy Sausage, Lentil, and Tomato Soup (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)

This Spicy Sausage, Lentil, and Tomato Soup may be my favorite lentil soup recipe ever!

Spicy Sausage, Lentil, and Tomato Soup found on KalynsKitchen.com


(For Phase One Fridays I feature Phase One Recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and this delicious Spicy Sausage, Lentil, and Tomato Soup has hot turkey Italian sausage, one of my favorite ingredients to use in soup.  I first made this when there was snow on the ground and it's another snowy day in Salt Lake, so I think it's time to make this again!)

Today I woke up to snow on the ground, which makes me especially happy that I have some of this Spicy Sausage, Lentil, and Tomato Soup in the freezer.  I made this a couple of times to get the recipe just right, upping the the amount of spices, sausage, and tomatoes and decreasing the lentils in the final version, and this might be the best lentil soup I've ever made.  Of course, I love, love, love lentil soup, which isn't a bad thing at all since they're one of The World's Healthiest Foods.  If you're someone who's still undecided about lentils, I challenge you to try this soup and I'm betting you'll become a lentil fan!

Click to continue reading