Easy Spice-Rubbed and Roasted Fish Fillets (Low-Carb, Paleo)

Delicious roasted fish with a spicy herb rub is a great low-carb dinner.

Spice-Rubbed and Roasted Orange Roughy Fillets

(For Phase One Fridays I feature Phase One Recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and I love both this easy method of roasting fish fillets and the spicy rub that's used on the fish.  You can make this with Orange Roughy, Halibut, Cod, or Tilapia, hope you enjoy!)

I've always loved New Orleans and the spicy food you ind there, so this recipe for Spice-Rubbed and Roasted Fish Fillets featuring Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning appeals to me both for how easy the recipe is and the spicy flavors of the fish.  I first discovered Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning about 20 years ago after I'd been to New Orleans and a friend from Louisiana recommended it as being her favorite spicy blend for that New Orleans flavor (thanks Teddy!)  Since then I've always had it in my spice drawer, and I've used it in a few favorite recipes like Quick and Easy Spicy Broiled Shrimp and Creole Seasoned and Pan-Fried Pork Cutlets.  If you like a little spicy flavor in your food, I'm betting you'll love this idea for spicy fish!
Click to continue reading