Vegan Red Cabbage Bowl with Tofu and Peanut-Sriracha Sauce

Red Cabbage, red bell pepper, sugar snap peas, and baked tofu cubes, drizzled with peanut-Sriracha sauce.

Vegan Red Cabbage Bowl with Tofu and Peanut-Sriracha Sauce found on KalynsKitchen.com

Everyone who loves crunchy sweet raw red cabbage, please raise your hand.  (Kalyn has both hands raised.)  If you're not raising your hand I hope you'll consider making this Vegan Red Cabbage Bowl using crisp lettuce in place of the cabbage because I loved how the flavors combined  in this recipe, and I'd hate for any cabbage-avoiders to miss out on the other good things here.  Two things that ramp up the flavor are tossing the tofu cubes with a soy-sesame-ginger marinade before they're baked, and a hint of Sriracha in the peanut butter flavored sauce to give it just the right amount of spicy kick.  I made this a couple of times and in the final version I scattered the tofu cubes over the salad like croutons before I drizzled the sauce over, and I thought that was the perfect finishing touch.

Click to continue reading