Roasted Italian Sausage Soup with Garbanzos, Lentils, and Tomatoes (Gluten-Free)

One of my favorite soups with Roasted Italian Sausage, Garbanzos, Lentils, and Tomatoes!

Roasted Italian Sausage Soup with Garbanzos, Lentils, and Tomatoes found on KalynsKitchen.com

(Updated with better photos and step-by-step instructions, March 2014.)  I have so many good soups back in the archives that need a photo update that this winter I've been trying to make soup at least once a week and take new photos.  This soup has roasted turkey Italian sausage, garbanzos, lentils, and tomatoes, all ingredients I love so it's not a surprise that this is also one of my favorite soups.  When I first made this I had lots of slow roasted tomatoes in the freezer, so I used those for some of the tomato flavor.  This time I had to make the soup with just petite diced tomatoes in a can, but it was still really good.  Luckily I have some basil growing in the kitchen window again; the pop of fresh basil flavor was really great in this.  But even even without the fresh basil this is a lovely soup recipe; hope you'll try it if you get a cold wet spring day where soup sounds good!

Click to continue reading