Meet Kara, and Other Things I'm Thinking About (1-13-15)

Introducing my niece Kara, who helps me test the recipes so I know they'll work perfectly for you!


I'm not sure why I've been so slow to share a photo of my gorgeous niece Kara, who's been cooking with me for close to a year now.  I guess mostly it's that when she comes to cook, we're focused on photographing the food and not taking a picture of her.  But a few weeks ago Kara's mom (my sister Pam) retired, and at the party I shot a good photo of Kara to share with you!

I'm lucky to have nieces and nephews who want to help with recipe testing, and Kara switches off every other week with Jake, who's been cooking with me for over three years now.  Both Kara and Jake are great cooks, and the recipes you enjoy from this site are often improved by suggestions that come from one of them.


Click to continue reading