Milk Poha / Hal Avalakki

I usually used to prepare simple poha with pinch of turmeric powder, salt and chopped coriander leaves for my kid, I learned this from one of my maid who is from Bangalore and believe me my kid just loves it. This dish can also be served as a sweet dish whenever guests arrive surprisingly to your house and you do not have enough time to prepare payasa / any kind of sweet.



Ingredients:

Medium sized poha (beaten rice)
½ cup
Milk
1 cup
Sugar
3 tea spoon
Fresh coconut
¼ cup grated
Cardamom
1
Salt
Pinch of
Ghee
½ spoon
 








Procedure:
1. Wash the medium sized poha twice with water and drain out all the water. This will make the poha wet and soft as needed for the recipe.
2.  Roast the poha in ghee under moderate flame for 4-5 seconds.
3. Add the grated coconut, salt and sugar to it and mix well for 2 seconds.


4. Then add the milk to this and stir for about 2-3 mins. To this add the powdered cardamom. Cardamom gives an awesome aroma and excellent flavor to this dish.