Pepper, Tomato & Cucumber Salad in Lemon Vinaigrette

This salad is so colorful and crisp. It's actually what I call my "Greek Salad". We skip out on the olives, feta and onions since we aren't crazy about them. Any time I serve souvlaki, pitas, tzaziki, keftedes or Greek ribs I bust out this salad.

____________________________________________________________________

Serves 4



1 pint grape tomatoes (or 1-2 roma tomatoes, deseeded and chopped)
1 cucumber, cut into bite-size chunks
1 yellow or orange pepper, cut into bite size chunks (you could also use red or green peppers, but the yellow and orange look really pretty)

Optional:
Olives
Feta, crumbled

3 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, cracked
1/2 tsp Greek seasoning

Cut up cucumber and pepper and place in a serving bowl. Toss in the grape tomatoes. Feel free to add olives and feta if you like them.

In a resealable jar, pour in the lemon juice and olive oil. I realize this is the regular ratio for lemon and oil (usually it's 3 parts oil to 1 part acidity), but in this case I love the bite of the lemon juice. Adjust to how you like it. Peel and crack the garlic cloves and place them in the jar, along with the Greek seasoning. If the Greek seasoning you use has no salt, then you will want to season with a pinch of salt. Place the lid on the jar and shake well. Let sit for at least 10 minutes for the flavors to mingle.

When ready, pour over the vegetables and toss.


Click here for printable version of Pepper, Tomato & Cucumber Salad in Lemon Vinaigrette
____________________________________________________________________

THE RESULTS?
This is a favorite around here. I'm telling you, I make it ALL the time. I really like the dressing on a garden salad as well.