Marinated Fresh Mozzarella with Herbs (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)

Marinated Fresh Mozzarella with Herbs from KalynsKitchen.com
This Marinated Fresh Mozzarella with Herbs is simple, but it will get gobbled up quickly at a party!

This tasty mixture of mini mozzarella balls and fresh herbs might be the easiest appetizer you've ever whipped up, and I'm guessing it will impress your friends. After I discovered mozzarella pearls at Costco and made Tomato, Olive, and Fresh Mozzarella Salad, I heard from a lot of readers who loved the idea of the little balls of fresh mozzarella. I thought it might be fun to try another way to use them, and this recipe is adapted from one I found in How to Cook Everything. I used mostly basil, with just a tiny bit of oregano, but I'm thinking mint would be great in this, and in fact you could probably use any type of fresh herbs that appeal to you. (Edit: Thanks to Joanne from Eats Well with Others who tells me this is called Bocconicina which means "little balls" in Italian.)

Click to continue reading