Recipe for Cucumber, Onion, and Parsley Salad with Feta Cheese

Cucumber, Onion, and Parsley Salad with Feta Cheese
This simple Cucumber, Onion, and Parsley Salad with Feta Cheese has four of my favorite summer ingredients!

(Updated and added to Recipe Favorites May 2010.) I don't remember where I originally found the idea for this simple cucumber, onion, and parsley salad with feta cheese and lemon vinaigrette, but it ended up being a flavor combination I loved, and when I made it again recently I decided it was time to update the photos. This salad is a great way to use cucumbers from the garden (when you start getting them!) but when I don't have garden cucumbers, I use mild European cucumbers or small Persian cucumbers. If you're not sure about raw red onion, soak the onion in cold water for a few minutes to remove some of the bite. I used flat Italian Parsley from my herb garden for this, but curly parsley would work. I think simple fresh-tasting cucumber salads like this make a perfect warm-weather lunch, or serve this as a side dish for grilled meat.

Click to continue reading