Recipe for Quinoa Salad with Avocado, Radishes, Cucumbers, and Cumin-Lime Vinaigrette

Quinoa Salad with Avocado, Radishes, Cucumbers, and Cumin-Lime VinaigretteDo I dare confess that I was completely surprised by how much I enjoyed this quinoa salad with avocado, radishes, cucumber, green onions, and a spicy cumin-lime vinaigrette? I've definitely been a slow adopter when it comes to quinoa (pronounced keen-wa) but recently when I wrote about cooking with quinoa for BlogHer.com, I made a promise to myself that I would try using it. Quinoa is loaded with nutrients, as well as being gluten-free and a source of complete protein, and it has a pleasant, somewhat nutty taste and slightly crunchy texture. Now that I realize I like quinoa so well, you can bet I'll be trying other experiments with this interesting seed that's cooked as a grain; meanwhile if you're also a quinoa novice, give this tasty salad a try and see what you think.

Click to continue reading