Carrot, Parsley, and Garbanzo (Chickpea) Salad with Feta and Cumin

Carrot, Parsley, and Garbanzo Salad with Feta and Cumin(Updated and added to Recipe Favorites July 2010) Nearly three years ago I made this salad with carrots, chickpeas, and parsley, tossed with a lemon-cumin vinaigrette and then jazzed up a bit with some feta and a few sunflower seeds. I didn't realize it until I looked at the post, but this is another recipe adapted from Fine Cooking, although I changed it up a bit with the lemon-cumin vinaigrette. Salads like this, with some protein from the beans and plenty of lemon flavor, are just what I like to eat for lunch when it's hot outside and you don't feel like cooking, or this would make a great side dish salad if you're cooking something on the grill.

Click to continue reading