Kalyn's Kitchen Picks: Spice World Ground Ginger Root

This ground ginger is always in my fridge!

Some purists are probably going to jump all over me for recommending this Spice World Ground Ginger in a jar, so let me start by saying that I do think there are recipes where nothing but fresh ginger root will work.  But when you're making something like a stir-fry sauce, salad dressing, or marinade where you just need a little bit of ginger flavor, I often use this type of pureed ginger root from a jar.  It's a little milder than the flavor of fresh ginger, but it still delivers quite a bit of that distinctive ginger flavor.  For using in liquids, this bottled ginger root is finely ground enough that it will mix in easily.  For dishes where you might not want chunks of ginger or where you just need a tiny bit of ginger, I think this ground ginger root in a jar is perfect.

Click to continue reading