My Mayo Method Steak Sauce Formula – Looks Like Math, Tastes Like Magic

When I need a fast and easy sauce for grilled steaks, I love to use this sort of mayonnaise-based condiment. As I explain in the video, the basic formula is mayo + salt + spice + acid + herb. I don’t think I’ve ever made the exact same one twice, which is not surprising when you realize how many combinations are possible.

I’m not calling this aioli because it doesn’t contain any garlic, but you can if you want to, since nowadays any flavored mayonnaise is called an aioli. That reminds me, this would be really good with garlic.

By the way, don’t let the name fool you; this is great on so many things besides steak. In fact, making up a ramekin to keep in the fridge is not a bad idea at all. It makes a super sandwich spread, a stellar salad dressing starter, and a vegetable dip so good, it will make you forget how much you hate raw broccoli. I hope you give this a try soon. Enjoy!



Ingredients for my Rosemary Harissa Mayonnaise:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp anchovy oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Harissa or other hot chili paste
2 tsp minced rosemary