Recipe for Easy Guacamole Tostadas

Easy Guacamole Tostadas could be a quick meatless dinner idea!

One of my earliest memories of Mexican food is visiting a tiny little restaurant called Tampico's in downtown Salt Lake City.  I went there with some high school friends, and we tried exotic-to-us dishes like guacamole, enchiladas, and refried beans, which none of us had ever eaten before!  The restaurant is now long gone, but my fondness for the guacamole tostadas I first had at Tampico's remains to this day, and they're something I'll splurge on occasionally if I'm eating in a Mexican restaurant.  My version of this traditional Mexican specialty switches the usual corn tortillas for toasted low-carb flour tortillas for a low-glycemic version of this favorite dish that's perfect for Meatless Monday.

Click to continue reading