Bacon, Spinach and Swiss Quiche


During the week both my husband and I are off to work early so come the weekend I love to make breakfast.  One thing we both really enjoy is this quiche.  This quiche always turns out perfect every time.  It's light, fluffy in texture and so flavorful.  I've tried other recipes and I always come back to this one.  This will be the only quiche you will find on my blog because it's a keeper.   Serve with a side of fruit and you have a wonderful breakfast or a light dinner.  Recipe courtesy Paula Deen.  I give a few hints in the recipe so that your quiche will turn out perfect every time too.


Ingredients
6 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups heavy cream (don't use milk as it won't turn out!)
Salt and pepper
1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled (I only use 1/2 lb bacon)
2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped (don't use frozen, only fresh baby spinach)
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust, fitted to a 9-inch pie plate




Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender (I always just whisk together). Layer the spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top. Bake (very important-on bottom rack as this helps bottom crust cook) for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set.  (I turn off oven, open door a little and leave quiche in over about 15 minutes before cutting) Cut into 6-8 wedges.