Recipe for Curried Rice and Red Lentils

This nutritious combination of Curried Rice and Red Lentils is perfect for Meatless Monday.

(Updated with new photos and added to Recipe Favorites November 2011)  This dish combining Curried Rice and Red Lentils is an old favorite that I recently I made with Jake, and we both loved how the simple combination of ingredients creates so much flavor in this recipe.  I don't know that I was thinking about Meatless Monday when we decided to make this, but since the combination of lentils (or beans) and rice are famous in vegetarian cooking for the way they create a complete protein, it really is a recipe that's perfect for meatless meals.  And I'm happy I have new photos to update the post and stick to my pledge to try to have a meatless recipe on the blog every Monday, since I ended up spending the weekend at the house of my sister Valerie (Jake's mom) and just got home a few hours ago.

Click to continue reading