Recipe for Easy Penne Pasta with Balsamic Sweet Potatoes, Baby Arugula (or Spinach), and Parmesan

Easy Penne Pasta with Balsamic Sweet Potatoes, Arugula, and Parmesan for Meatless Monday

Sometimes my best recipes happen when I have a certain ingredient I've been infatuated with but suddenly I want to do something different with it.  A few weeks ago that happened with my favorite Baby Arugula Salad.  Oh yes, I love that baby arugula salad, but that day I found myself with half a tub of baby arugula and a yearning for something different than a salad.  I knew arugula was great with pasta, and I always have sweet potatoes on hand, so I ended up creating this meatless dish that combines sweet potatoes sauteed and glazed with balsamic vinegar, wilted baby arugula, and a generous handful of good quality Parmesan cheese.  This was comforting and satisfying on a colder-than-I-might-have-wanted November day.

Click to continue reading