Recipe for Turkey (or chicken) Lasagna with Sage and Three Cheeses

Turkey Lasagna with Sage and Three Cheeses is one of my favorite things to make with leftover turkey!

(Republished with updated photos and a lighter version of the recipe, November 2011.)  Five years ago I posted this fabulous lasagna recipe that I created using leftover turkey from Thanksgiving and the last of the sage from my garden.  This has been one of my favorite post-Thanksgiving dishes to make with leftover turkey, turkey gravy, and turkey stock all adding a lot of flavor.  But the original recipe made a huge dish of lasagna, and it was a pretty rich dish.  (My brother Mark jokingly asked if this was phase five for South Beach when I made it the first time.)  For Thanksgiving 2011 I thought I'd give this recipe a little makeover, and the new recipe makes a smaller dish of lasagna with less cheese for a lighter version that's still quite delish.  (I'll keep the printer-friendly link for the original version as well, in case anyone has enjoyed that version and has it bookmarked.)

Click to continue reading