Recipe for Ground Turkey and Barley Soup with Mushrooms and Spinach

Ground Turkey and Barley Soup with Mushrooms and Spinach
If you enjoy barley in soup, you'll love this soup with ground turkey, barley, mushrooms, and spinach!

I'm on a quest to prove that ground turkey doesn't have to be boring, and this comforting and flavorful soup was the latest recipe where I experimented with lean ground turkey as an ingredient.  The soup also has lots of brown Crimini mushrooms and chopped spinach, two ingredients I really like with barley.  The final ingredient that helps the ground turkey to shine is mushroom stock, which I made using Better than Bouillon Mushroom Base.  (Another brand I love is Telma Mushroom Cubes, but lately I can't find those in my stores.)  If you don't want to buy mushroom base, you can still make this using all vegetable stock, but bumping up the mushroom flavor makes a big difference.  Jake and I both loved this definitely-not-boring ground turkey soup, and I shared the leftovers with my friend Robin, who also gave it two thumbs up.

Click to continue reading