Recipe for Spicy Slow Cooker Soup with Ground Turkey, Pinto Beans, Red Bell Pepper, and Green Chiles

Spicy Slow Cooker soup with Ground Turkey, Pinto Beans, Red Bell Pepper, and Green Chiles
A spicy slow cooker soup, with Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce adding some heat.

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and this Spicy Slow Cooker Soup with Ground Turkey, Pinto Beans, Red Bell Pepper, and Green Chiles is a tummy-warming soup that includes green enchilada sauce to add lots of flavor.  I love this sprinkled with grated cheese, enjoy!)

Ever since I made the Layered Mexican Casserole with Chicken and Green Chiles I find myself grabbing a few cans of Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce whenever I'm at the grocery store.  There are other good brands of green chile enchilada sauce, but Hatch brand seems perfect to my tastebuds, and when I wanted to spice up this spicy ground turkey and pinto bean slow cooker soup the Hatch enchilada sauce plus a can of diced green chiles gave me just the right amount of heat.  I loved the soup with a little grated cheese sprinkled on top, and for those who'd like even more heat, Green Tabasco Sauce is the perfect thing to add to your soup at the table.

Click to continue reading