Recipe for Low-Sugar Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Spice Cake with Fuyu Persimmons

Low-Sugar Whole Wheat and Oatmeal  Spice Cake with Fuyu Persimmons
Low-Sugar Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Spice Cake with Fuyu Persimmons.
(Kalyn's Kitchen is part of Holiday 2009 at Oprah.com, and this is one of the recipes being featured there. Welcome to anyone visiting from Oprah.com!)

This cake may look similar to the Low-Sugar and Whole Wheat Apple-Pear Cake I made for Thanksgiving, but it has oatmeal for more fiber and a slightly more whole grain texture. More important, persimmons are only in season from late October through late December, so I recommend making this before it's too late. (And after this I still have one more recipe to share that I made with the persimmons that came in the mail; thanks again to Andrea from Rookie Cookery for helping me have fun experimenting with persimmons!)

Click to continue reading