Crockpot Recipe for Sausage, Beans, and Greens (Gluten-Free, Can Freeze)

This Crockpot Recipe for healthy and delicious Sausage, Beans, and Greens is a dish I've made over and over!

Sausage, Beans, and Greens
Sometimes I tend to forget about crockpot recipes when it's summer, but actually slow cookers are a wonderful way to cook when you don't want to heat up your house. This week I had lots of collard greens in my garden, so I used the crockpot to make this combination of turkey Italian sausage, beans, and collard greens. My neighbor Michelle loves this recipe, and she tells me you can also cook it on the stove if you're in a hurry or don't have a crockpot. I used pinto beans, but you could make this with any type of dried beans and kale or swiss chard could replace the collards if that's what you have. Crockpot dishes tend to be not too photogenic, but luckily I had some leftovers to try more than once on the photos, and trust me when I say this picture is a big improvement on the previous one!

(This favorite recipes for Sausage, Beans, and Greens was updated and added to Recipe Favorites, July 2010.) 

Click to continue reading