Recipe for Low Sugar and Whole Wheat Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Whole Wheat Chocolate Zucchini Bread, with just a little sugar.
My garden is exploding with zucchini these days, and a few weeks ago I got it into my mind to make chocolate zucchini bread. I wanted the bread to be more chocolate tasting than sweet, to be low in sugar, to use 100% whole wheat flour, and to use a lot of zucchini, and when I began looking for recipes, I didn't find one that seemed like quite what I had in mind so I started experimenting. If I were a little more intuitive about baking, it might not have taken me five tries to come up with the combination that was a winner, but I figure my baking skills can only get better with all this practice! Happily I loved version #5 of this bread, and if you like chocolate things that aren't super sweet and you have zucchini that needs to be used, I hope you'll give this one a try.

Click to continue reading