Hopping John Soup Recipe for Luck in the New Year (Black-Eyed Pea, Ham, and Collard Greens Soup)

Black-Eyed Pea, Ham, and  Collard Greens Soup (Hopping John Soup) is my favorite dish to make for good luck in the New Year!

Hopping John Soup Recipe for  Luck in the New Year (Black-Eyed Pea, Ham, and  Collard Greens Soup) found on KalynsKitchen.com

For several years now I've been making this tasty Hopping John Soup with black-eyed peas, ham, and collard greens for good luck in the New Year, and this year when I made a double batch I remembered and took some step-by-step photos.  Not only does this soup have all the luck-bringing properties of Hopping John, it's also a South Beach Diet phase one recipe for those who are starting out the year with phase one, like I always do!  Hopping John is traditionally made on New Year's Day, but truly this tasty soup is great to make all during the cold months, whenever you need a little dose of good luck.

Click to continue reading